Herbicide use is one of the primary methods for managing roadside vegetation, protecting roadway integrity, and improving motorist safety. Herbicide applications are used in coordination with physical methods to control vegetation in the right of way and should be used as part of an integrated roadside vegetation maintenance program.
• Help maintain a clear recovery zone.
• Protect roadside infrastructure and pavement integrity
• Control vegetation around roadside features such as guardrails, sign structures, delineators,
gores, and headwalls to maintain visibility of hazard markers and reflectors.
• Preserve sight lines.
• Remove fire fuel accumulations.
• Selectively target vegetation that disrupts desirable vegetation communities.
• Remove invasive weeds.
• Inhibit/retard invasive seedling trees and shrubs.